Friday, February 1, 2008

Color again!

"Pansies"
5"x7" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

I am so happy about this one! I'd been craving color, I just wasn't quite sure what to do about it... but when I went to drop the rent check off at the office (Mark and I are very much living in a tiny apartment right now) I saw these guys, and just pansy-napped them right out of the pot and brought them right home!

Used just about every shade of bottled yellow I have, just to have fun with it, and used a gorgeous Permanent Violet Dark as a base for the dark parts... I love pansies. Such a happy little flower. I think I'll do them again tomorrow, but in a different format... hm, ideas.....

Oooh, and it being February means that I've officially broken into my second month- the post number no longer matches the date! Very exciting... I guess the next landmark I get to be excited about will be Post #100?

Happy Friday night everybody! *smooches*

Post #32

No comments:

Post a Comment