Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gin and Tonic


"Gin and Tonic"
6"x6" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

Well, tomorrow is Friday, and soon follows the wekend, which I am wholeheartedly looking forward to. Perhaps we need to celebrate it's arrival in advance, yes? So here's a gin and tonic, with plenty of lime- don't be shy now, drink up!

It was fun to do, with all the little reflected colors and bubbles and such- actually, there were more bubbles when I started the painting... there was even ice in the glass, but of course it melted. I suppose if I want to paint something frozen or very bubbly, then I should work from a photograph and not from life. But I like the bubbles anyways, and who needs ice? Let's say it was lovingly run through one of those little mixing contraptions, and came out icy cold and delicious. Yes, I like that story.

PS- Mark knew I was having a rotten day, so he went out and found something new- apparently Ferrero Rochere now has a dark chocolate version of that glorious hazlenut confabulation thing they're famous for. Best. Thing. Ever. Dark chocolate actually goes wonderful with gin and tonic, too ;)

Post #31

No comments:

Post a Comment