Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cherry Blossom

"Cherry Blossom"
8"x10" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

It just seemed so beautifully springtime today, it was wonderful. So when I was driving home from work, I didn't mind at all pulling into a high school parking lot and walking over to the bus stop to vandalize these gorgeous cherry trees. The people waiting for the bus were looking at me like I'd lost my mind, but I suppose all artists get used to thos looks with time- rooting through the produce bins for the prettiest fruit, wandering through landscapes with a viewfinder and sketchbook, sitting in the corner of a coffee shop scribbling madly away, even taking pictures of our food in resturants- yes, all kinds of crazy things.

This one was a lot of fun- those round, overflowing blossoms dropping their petals in a little skirt around the shot glass, the distortion of the dark stems through the water and glass... I'm torn about my favorite part, though. Either the shot glass, or those petals all around- or particularly the one that's half in and half out of the shadow.... bah! Maybe I just like painting, and all of the wonderful little details that come with it. I wonder what this one would be like if I cut it in half horizontally? Redisplay it like that, somehow... it's an interesting idea.

Post #34

2 comments:

  1. I find your cherry blossom painting very soothing. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete