Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Littlest Teapot

"The Littlest Teapot"
6"x6" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

This little guy has been sneaking into my peripheral vision for a while now, trying to pose for a picture- isn't it cute? I got it for Christmas one year about a decade ago, and it's the sort of cute little teapot that's designed to brew up and pour out just one cup of tea- which, since Mark doesn't really share my infatuation with herbal teas, works out just fine.

It was fun to paint, too- not really shiny, but not really dull, either, and with all kinds of shadows playing in the little handle part.

I've got a confession to make, too. I've been absolutely lusting after the cutest little teacup and saucer-y set thing at Linens and Things... I should go get it, you say? Really, are you sure? Well, if you insist.... hehe. If I convince myself well enough, there should be a painting of it by the end of the week.

Post #16

No comments:

Post a Comment