Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Waiting for Summer


"Waiting for Summer"
5"x7" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

I was in the kitchen, seriously considering whether I should paint the pastry mixer, or the potato masher, or one of Mark's grill toys- and I opened up the junk drawers and found these guys, and realized I wanted to do something curvy, with translucent parts.

My sunglasses get relegated to some hidden corner for the duration of every winter, but hey, it was in the sixties today and sunny, and I'm craving something summery. Not too bright yet, though- I was really enjoying that black-and-white thing, I think it's helping me to see values a lot better. So it was black, neutral grey, white- and some smalt hue, which is a color I love but always seem to forget to buy some when I run out, and some iridescent bronze, which I just couldn't resist yesterday. Every now and then I get in a kick where I want to use iridescents- irides-iridescence?

Well, I'm going to go sit on the couch with some CSI on (and then House which is a totally addictive show, and is Bones new tonight too?), and work on taxes stuff. You guys have fun!

Post #29

No comments:

Post a Comment