Monday, September 29, 2008

Thank God and Greyhound


Hydrangea - Still Waters
8"x10" acrylic on hardboard panel
collection of Linda Grote

Crazy complicated piece that is finally done :D I definately want to do more like this, too- putting the reflection and the shadows together is wonderful, and then looking up through the hydrangea blossom, the undersides of the petals like stained glass the colors of springtime.... happy.
Have to admit, my worshipful stalking of M Collier's blog is what led up to me painting a hydrangea blossom at all- kind of scary to think about painting anything with that many pieces, you know?- but I'm glad I worked up the nerve, now ;) yay!

Other than that... I'm a blank, it's Monday night. Happy to be at peace, and at home.

#273

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous painting! The water is incredible! You did such a great job on the hydrangea, too. Wow! Am following your posts now that I have added you to my blog Friends list. Love your work!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete