Thursday, September 18, 2008

Shoes and ships and sealing wax....

Black and Gold
8"x10" acrylic on hardboard panel
collection of Linda H Grote

Cabbages and Kings! No, no idea why I've got that in my head, but it's fun anyways. Better than wandering around singing "I'm a little teapot", which is what I seem to do about half the time. Or the Sesame Street song, that's a classic as well :)

This one, well, let's just say I seem to be working up the nerve to tackle some seriously intimidating subjects, lately. This is a wonderful black Elizabethan sort of teacup and matching saucer with little designs in gold all over it- they totally disappear in the deep shadows, show up in irregular and interesting ways through the midtones, and catch the light brilliantly where they can. They also turn pink where they're reflecting a particularly pretty flower.... fickle things...

Isn't really a daily, to be honest, a little too big and I spent too much time on it for it to fit into that catagory... but I'm listing it as one anyways, just because. Love you guys- happy Friday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment