Friday, October 10, 2008

Orchids, reworked

Arc
5"x7" acrylic on hardboard panel
collection of John Read
I freely admit to being on of those artists who just can't help themselves- if a piece hangs around the studio long enough, it is getting reworked. That's probably the reason I almost never varnish a painting until it's found it's adoptive parents :) Happily ever after and all that.
In this case- I was really proud of the original. I was still getting used to the smaller format, and orchids are a tough subject anyways... but when I looked at it again, I saw a lot I still loved, and some things I wanted to change. So here we go, new and improved, bright and shiny. More detail, more contrast, more dimension. That same love of the subject.
Happy thoughts, happy Friday night, happy that I might actually, finally, freakishly enough be getting the hang of getting ready for these shows a little bit ahead of time- not planning on staying up till two or three tonight, glory glory hallelujah :) Love to you all!
#284

No comments:

Post a Comment