Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Halfway through the Week

Study of Jarrett
9"x12" acrylic on toned paper

Really, really enjoyed this one- that light in his eyes was a real challenge, as was the little smile, but I think I got it. Hope so :) Same limited palette, same limited time frame, but loosened up with the brushwork while trying to keep what I learned last night with Kristina.
Other than that... meh. It's getting cold here, and I got some gor-ge-ous pics from my Mama from a trip up to the mountains, there's a few things there I'm dying to paint. And I really-really want to go out to the Eno this weekend and take some pictures, fall color and trees and flowing water. I've got an idea for a largish painting in my head, a close up of the base of a tree, the roots and something special hiding there, really ocd detailed and with dappled sunlight. We'll see if I can get up the nerve to try it :D

#296

3 comments:

  1. Kellie, this is really nice. I'm enjoying these portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is creepy....My name is Jarrett (i live in Texas, so I dont see how that could be me...) but that looks almost exactly like me...from the sideburns to the cowlick in the hair....think my mind has just been F***ed...

    ReplyDelete