Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday Evening Tea

"Monday Evening Tea"
5"x7" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

I had fun with this one- the brushstrokes, all the warm tones with just enough blue smudged in to make for a nice contrast. I actually tried really, really hard to do this one from a steeper angle, where you were almost looking straight down on the cup, and could not get it right for anything. I'll try again soon.

It's funny, though, it doesn't even matter that that one didn't work out- you're always learning, and tomorrow will always be better. Today I realized I felt really awake for the first time in a while. It's like my moods come in waves, washing over and coloring everything, and Thursday or Friday it turned, started swinging upwards, and things are more vibrant, richer, more sensually colored. I'm content tonight.

#63

No comments:

Post a Comment