Saturday, March 1, 2008

A gorgeous Saturday

"Crocus"
5"x7" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

This one....hm. Today was gorgeous, and it was a Saturday, which compounded the gorgeousness. I went out to Duke Gardens and took about a zillion pictures, and this came from one of them. I tried to make it a lot more like my larger pieces, stylistically- opaque and transparent, yes, and kind of sketchy too. I love how vivid the flowers are.

Oh, and just in case you're wondering, yeah. North Carolina has got that whole weather schizophrenia thing going, and while the tulips are blooming at American Tobacco, not a couple of miles away the crocuses are just breaking through the pine straw mulch in Duke Gardens. The daffodils are blooming there too, and the quince and the winter jasmine. *happy sigh* I got lots of pictures, lots of inspiration, and it's all beautiful tonight.

The bigger pieces are going well, too- the one I'm doing for Maggie's challenge, and the one I'm supposed to be wrapping up tomoorow (um...), and a new one too. Everything just seems so full of possibilities.

Post #61

1 comment: