Tuesday, December 16, 2008

taking a small step back


Origami I - Paper Bird
5x5 acrylic on hardboard panel
Something different, cleaner, quieter.... something that had me fumbling, muttering curses under my breath, and provided me with not one, not two, but three paper cuts! This little bird has agreed to pose for future paintings, just to compensate me for all that grief.... on the condition that I dont conduct any experiments concerning her actual abilities to fly. Or float. Somehow I doubt paper birds are as durable or versatile as their feathered counterparts :)
But I overcame my terminal clumsiness in regards to three dimensional creations, at least temporarily and with much help from a beginners origami book, and now all is well. Happy Tuesday night, everyone!
#351

No comments:

Post a Comment