Saturday, December 6, 2008

Something Pretty

Threshold
9x12 acrylic on cradled hardboard panel
private collection

Immensely proud of myself on this one.... and I think its done, but Im not absolutely sure, not yet. Any thoughts? I just love how shiny the teacup feels, and the linen napkin doilyish thing, I feel like I can almost reach out and touch it.... Something else weird Ive just noticed, some of my still life thingies are more paintable than others, even if they seem more awkward in real life. Like the painting version of photogenic or something. Anyone else noticed this phenomena, or is it just me being odd?

#341

5 comments:

  1. you should be immensely proud - this one is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisitely rendered--wow!
    keep up the great work, Kellie!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe- I must say I love this one as well :) thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this one! As I do many of your wonderful work. I've enjoyed a lovely visit. Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was going through your paintings, and this one stood out from the rest. Just a great use of colour and tonal composition,of line and a good visual path. Starting at the top left (largest area of yellow) straight to the cup,down around the napkin border and back up to the yellow.
    BRAVO! WELL DONE!
    From a 45 year old proffesional (19 years) artist whose work is not in painting, but is on granite monuments.Wish I were painting! Definitely someday! Great work.Take care. Brenda.

    ReplyDelete