Tuesday, November 18, 2008

person and pet....


Martie and Alex
9"x12" acrylic on hardboard panel

Sooo proud of myself on this one! There's probably some details I'll go back and fidget through tomorrow, but the result right now I'm thrilled with! Martie has the most wonderful profile, and her hair is so much fun, and of course Alex is wonderfully, confusingly shaggy but her leash makes for the most perfect way to carry your eye through everything, I'll have to remember that the next time I do someone with a carry-on dog....
You know it snowed here today? Didn't stick or anything, but still, insane. So not my thing, even if it was beautiful.... I should migrate to the equator every winter, I swear.
But now it's late (too late, truly). You know that charge you get when you're working on a piece you're really excited about, and it's awesome and exciting and it makes you do stupid, stupid things like miss sleep? Yep. Apparently I'm in the middle of one of those. Oh, well. We'll see how it turns out :D

#323

2 comments: