Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Seashells


Nautilus

6"x8" acrlic on canvasboard

collection of Lois Sharpe

Wow, this one was wild to paint. I was focusing on the colors, and found so many of them, arranged with such seemingly careless beauty.... I love this shell. Officially. :)


I got the shine of it really well, and the wonderful pattern of the ridges, but in bringing out the colors more I lost some of that delicately silvery aura that the actual shell has... Still, I love the result. Well worth the time I spent on all those little ridges and threads of color. Happy, and can't wait to do it again.

If you want to check out Mark Adams gorgeous Nautilus painting, it's at http://markadamsstudio.blogspot.com/2008/06/nautilus-shell.html . His wife just put up a post saying he's had his appendix out- stupid little thing- but I really hope he's up and running again soon. I really admire his work, and he has the most wonderful sense of humor.


#226

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Great color and awesome job with the modeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Todd, thank you so much- I've seen the standards of modeling you hold yourself to, that's an incredible compliment... yay!

    ReplyDelete