Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Reliquary VI - Padlock and Green Silk

 9"x12"
click here for purchase info
This is another piece in my reliquary series, but I am totally proud of several unique aspects of it- I've never seen anyone wrap their box in silk like that, especially in a painting, and I love the way it feels! Of course, in order to do that effectively I had to hold the edges of the box back from the edges of the canvas, which is totally different for me, but look at how it pops once it is in a frame!
I got the padlock- a gorgeous, heavy antique one- from Broomfields Gallery up in the mountains the last time I dropped off new paintings with them. And now I'm off to see if they're got that new website up and running yet, because if they do that'll be a must-share.
The painting itself is in Bull City Art and Frame in Durham, though, so if you're in the area you should totally stop in and see it! I dropped this one, Marble Portrait I, and Windowlight- Apple off there the other day, but I've got them up on etsy too, for those of you who like too far away to come see :)
#1521

No comments:

Post a Comment