Monday, February 22, 2010

Fruit Tart

2.5x6 acrylic on paper
Fruit tarts, much like pears and raw eggs, seem to be something that all daily painters are obligated to paint. Having never so much as looked at one before going on a field trip to purchase this little guy, I have to say they are interesting. The shininess, for instance. There seems to be something.... maybe a clear gelatin?... covering the whole tart. And there was something that I'm sure was meant as chocolate that formed a kind of cradled, shell maybe, for all the fruit... I'm looking forward to summertime even more right now though, getting some proper strawberries and trying to paint them. I actually included the little pale thread leading back into the strawberry from the little seed-points, I have no idea how to describe it better than that but I'm absurdly proud of it.
Oh, and the weird size. I saw a small works competition being advertized, and the pieces could be no larger than a dollar bill. Which seemed so odd I just had to try it, of course :)
#784

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Your comment made me laugh! I had literally just left a tweet on Twitter asking; why do all daily artist paint raw eggs!

    Loving your work! Keep painting.
    Cat

    ReplyDelete