Thursday, January 8, 2009

low sunlight....

Blue Evening
6x6 acrylic on hardboard panel
collection of John Brown
More step-by-steps, and fun with my favorite teacup against a Prussian blue background. And I hope everyone was safe on the road today- seems like the whole world has lost its mind! I was driving into town and the traffic report came on. For the first wreck, a guy had rearended another car... and then took off running through the woods. The second wreck led to a fistfight that was still going on on the side of the road. There was a deer wandering around one section of highway impeding traffic.... and all the lights were out for a whole section of downtown. Madness.
And then we come home, and take a deep breath, and focus on something peaceful and quiet. Happy thoughts out to everyone!
#374



















4 comments:

  1. I love seeing the work in progress. Wonderful reflections on this very appealing piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the progression images! it's definately a goal of mine to figure out how to string them together into videos at some point this year... and the reflections are my favorite part, as well :) probably the reason I like this particular teacup, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tutorials. Your paintings are killer!

    ReplyDelete