Sunday, April 27, 2008

... and Sunday.

"Balance"
5"x7" acrylic on board
collection of Lois Sharpe

And perhaps the most beautiful thing I've ever painted. Almost enough so to make the last few days worth it. Maybe.

So, my excuses for not posting? Thursday I came home from work and had a long overdue total nervous breakdown- seriously, I was useless for the entire evening. Freaked poor Mark out horribly, but he was a supportive angel, as usual. Friday was almost as dreadful, but I got a righteous-anger energy-spurt that afternoon, followed by a last-minute-panic can't-freak-out-just-now thing due to having a show Saturday morning that I was woefully underprepared for.

So, up way too late Friday night, and up early Saturday morning, but the show went just fine (fun, met some cool people, we're planning on doing it again, yay!). Came home exhausted (show of hands, who isn't exhausted after a show? yeah, that's what I thought) and trooped straight out to freakin' BFE for a party/cookout/sleepover thing. My long suffering husband's social bug was appeased, and it was fun- but once more, no time for painting.

So we come home this morning, after pit stops at a truck stop for breakfast (yep), an auto parts joint for octane booster (husband was driving), and groceries (every Sunday morning), and I sat down for a while and didn't do anything- and then I moved over and sat down and painted for a while. And it felt wonderful, and I'm extremely proud of "yesterday's" orchids, and even more proud of this shell piece.... *happy sigh*

But now I've truly got to go to bed, because otherwise the whole Monday thing will be even worse than it would be anyways. Here's to a brand new week, everybody! May it go as well as it can!

#119

No comments:

Post a Comment